Your Top 50 Interview Questions
1. Tell me about yourself.(Part of sample interview questions and answers.)
2. How did you hear about the position?
3. What do you know about our company?
4. Why do you want to leave your current job?
5. What is your greatest strength?(Part of sample interview questions and answers.)
6. What is your greatest weakness?(Part of sample interview questions and answers.)
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
8. How do you explain the gap in your employment?
9. What motivates you?
10. Why should we hire you?
11. What are your salary expectations?
12. Do you have any question for us?
13. How well do you handle criticism?
14. Why did you choose this career path?
15. How would your coworkers describe you?
16. How do you handle stress and pressure in the workplace?
17. Why did you decide to change your career?
18. What makes you think you will be successful in this position?
19. With your lack of experience in the industry, why should we take the risk of hiring you?
20. How will you cope with a drop in salary?
21. Why have you changed job so frequently?
22. Aren’t you overqualified for this job?Why are you applying for a position that is beneath your qualifications?
23. Describe a time when you had to manage multiple deadlines. How did you remain calm and prioritize your work? What were the outcomes?
24. Describe a time when you had to deal with a complicated ethical issue or a decision that involved ethical factors. How did you handle the situation?
25. Describe a situation in which your communication skills made a difference in achieving results.
26. Describe a time when you had to communicate a technical message to non-technical audience. What did you do to ensure correct understanding?
27. Tell me about a workplace conflict that you were involved in. How did you deal with it?
28. Describe a successful team that you once led. What did you do to ensure successful collaboration?
29. Tell me about a time when you failed to meet expectations. What went wrong, and what would you do differently now?
30. Tell me about a time when you had to delegate a task to another person. How did you do this, and stay accountable in the process?
31. How do you keep current and informed about your job and the industry that you are working in?(Part of sample interview questions and answers.)
32. What are you looking for in terms of career development?
33. Describe a situation when you had to work with a coworker you didn’t get along with. How did you handle interactions with that person?
34. Tell me about a time when you identified a potential problem and developed preventive solutions to keep it from occurring.
35. Please share with us a work-related experience that demonstrates your ability to encourage and motivate another person.
36. Describe a situation in which you embraced a new system, process, technology, or idea at work that was a major departure from the old way of doing things?
37. Tell me about a time when you’ve done something in the workplace that you later regretted and how you would handle it differently today?
38. Tell me about a time when you had to decide but didn’t have all the information needed.
39. How would you describe your work style?
40. Tell me about a time when you had an unexpected event that required you to change your priorities.
41. What criteria do you use to evaluate potential employers?
42. Tell me about a time you rewarded a team member. How did you communicate it to other team members?
43. How will you intervene or correct a co-worker without make him/her offended?
44. What’s your plan for building rapport and credibility with your new team?
45. From your experience, tell me about what you see as the most challenging task in being a supervisor or a manager?
46. What characteristics or events have contributed towards your success as a leader?
47. Describe your management style.(Part of sample interview questions and answers.)
48. Describe a time when you lead by example.
49. Throughout your career, who has been your most significant influence, and why?
50. Have you ever had to dismiss an employee? What were the reasons for termination?